Our schedule for vårterminen 2023.
All newcomers (Ages 15 or older) must begin with our Tuesday or Thursday green classes, and be at the gym by kl.17:45. It's just to turn up, talk with the trainer, and start training/ try out.
Check underneath for details on classes and how to join.
A bit of personal training with one of our best kids, Saga. All the kids get PT. We try to aim for quality, not quantity. Our kids classes are a lot of fun, but they are not a playgroup, and sparring isn't allowed until each child has developed sufficient control and displays discipline and good manners. And still then, it is coached carefully.
Blue Classes, Kids, 10 to 14 years.
Requirements: Must be at least 10 years old, and up to 14, although smaller 15 and 16 year olds are also welcome. All children in these classes will need their own boxing gloves from day 1. No gloves, no training, firm. This is for hygiene reasons. Gloves are available from our gym store, and many other outlets. Come to class 15 minutes early on your first lesson to fix necessary paperwork and to talk to the head coach. No late-comers will be welcome, as this disrupts those who have come on time, which is unacceptable.
We are not a day care center or baby sitting facility. We want enthusiastic students who love the art and are here to learn and have a good time. Parents should make an effort to talk to the coach regularly and to, on occasion, watch the training sessions to see what it's all about. Kids who train regularly and are interested in furthering themselves and even competing will also be welcome to our red classes and our green Sunday class as well.
Green Classes, Tuesday & Thursday. (Not Sunday)
All newcomers, 15 years or older, must begin with these classes. Come at least 15 minutes early for your first class.
Requirements: Must be 15 years or older. All equipment is available for loan, but for a limited time only (1 term). After that (or preferably before) buy your own.
This class is for everyone, beginners to advanced. He we concentrate on developing the right technique regarding striking (elbows, fists, knees and kicks), combinations, clinch, footwork, balance, defense, and building our core strength with a variety of floor exercises which are scattered throughout the class to promote good circulation and variety during our workouts. People participating in these two classes each week will experience dramatic weight loss, gain strength, confidence, and life changing skills.
Green Class, Sunday.
This class is open to all ages, but only after you have trained at least twice and paid your training fee. It is more or less an open gym session, and a time for the head coach and experienced fighters to build rapport with those who show commitment and promise, and to help them to improve their technique and fighting skills. The Sunday session is an investment in the future of Muay Thai in Karlskrona.
Red Classes, Monday & Wednesday (Not Friday)
These classes are for members only (all ages) This is where the real training begins. All are welcome, but a few weeks with the green classes are recommended first. Our kids are also welcome at these classes, but only after they have gained an elementary understanding of the art and have talked to or been invited by the head coach.
Red Class, Friday
Fighters and suitable training partners only! You know who you are.
Orange Classes, Tuesday & Thursday Nights
These sparring sessions are only open to those who have trained on the green classes beforehand. Sparring is to be performed in a controlled manner, and sufficient protective equipment must be used. All members are also welcome to use the gym freely during this time, or to simply socialize until closing time.
Our adults group class, on a Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday evening. The room is always full! It is here we work on technique, conditioning and some light sparring if you like. It's always an awesome social event, with the gym staying open till kl 20:00 for people to hang and chat.
Rules - General
1. Come to class a minimum of 5 minutes early.
2. One lesson free means exactly that. You might have had your 1 free lesson in 2014. It doesn't matter. You don't have any more to use.
3. Everyone in this gym shall be treated with respect. Women and children come first here.
4. No spectators. This rule is to protect the privacy and security of our members. Absolutely no exceptions.
Rules - Training
1. When the coach is speaking, you are not. It's basic, common courtesy.
2. Sparring is not a fight. Take it easy and you'll actually learn. Go hard, and someone will get hurt. Repeat offenders will simply be banned from sparring.
3. If someone holds pads for you, return the favour.
4. If you've been training for more than 3 months, you should buy your own equipment (adults). The gear we have at the gym to loan out is for beginners only. EVERYONE who loans gloves from us MUST have their own hand wraps/ bandages.
All children in the kids class will be required to have their own gloves from the day they enter the gym. This is for hygiene reasons. Gloves are available for purchase at the front counter.
5. Group training is group training, to be done together in a co-operative manner.
6. Be gentle with smaller people. Make yourself weaker than them. Power is only to be used on the bag and pads, and in controlled match sparring with advanced students.
7. This gym is beginner friendly. No bullying will be accepted.
8. Bring a towel. If you want to lie on the floor and stretch after training, put your towel down first.
9. Don't come to the gym if you are sick and contagious. This gym is not a Place to ''sweat it out'' when you have the flu. Take care of your personal hygiene. Don't show up smelling like a garbage bin.
10. Leave your ego at the door.